Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Pity Party Stops NOW!

After posting the entry before this one, I was hit with a wave of shame and guilt. Here I am complaining when the world is in such financial turmoil. I worry about losing our house if I had medical problems. At least our house is paid off. I worry about medical expenses when the problems are mostly of my own making. I should be able to at least stick to my diet and get on that hated treadmill every day to ameliorate the condition, hereditary factors notwithstanding. I shouldn’t complain about paying taxes when we have enough income to require the payment of taxes. I don’t have the worry of raising children as many who are losing their jobs do. We have a steady income in the form of SS unless the unthinkable happens.

I should count my blessings and try to change the things I can control. Then I have to learn that worry doesn’t solve any problem. In other words, I should stop feeling sorry for myself when others are so much worse off that we are.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Amen. That's all I can say!!!