Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whew! What a Relief!

My Medicare benefits began October 1. Today was the first occasion to use it. I had to get a refill for my insulin. I usually pay $178.00 a month for that one prescription. When we enrolled in a program for Part D – Prescription Meds, our agent called the carrier to ask how much would be covered under their plan. The representative indicated that I would be paying $39.00 for a month's supply.


I was so nervous when I went to pick up the insulin. I was afraid that there had been a mistake made when the rep gave me the out-of-pocket cost. When the clerk rang up my purchase, it was $39.00. I almost wept with relief and joy. I quickly said a little “Thank You” prayer.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Thank you for your report. I'm going to have to enroll in Part D in November and I've been a little nervous about it, too. You eased my mind a little.