Friday, June 14, 2019

Br-r-r-r

Here in Upstate South Carolina, summer usually arrives the middle of April. The only good thing about that is April is the one month when the electric bill is at its lowest. The first of April we may need the heat, but by the end of the month, the AC runs every day. There is usually a week of spring with no AC, neither heating nor cooling.

Here we are, June 14, and I had to wear a hoodie during my walk this morning. When I left the house at 7 am, I was wearing a very light shirt jacket over a short sleeve knit top. After the first circuit around the neighborhood I came in for the hoodie. My hands were so cold that I almost grabbed some mittens. I noticed the outdoor temperature was 56 degrees. After walking my 2.5 miles, I came back home; the temperature was up to 58 degrees. I have lived here for more than 35 years. I don't think I've ever experienced 50 degree weather in June.

For those who deny climate change, you may want to rethink your position. Weird weather stuff just keeps happening.

Note: I saw on the news that we experienced an earthquake last week. I didn't feel anything. We aren't that far from the epicenter in Georgia. It would have been interesting to experience a little tremor. I hope I'm not tempting fate with that remark.

No comments: