Friday, December 18, 2009

No Way to Start My Day

It’s 4:30 am. Since I have read every book in the house, I turned on the television. It’s another world on television at 4:30 am, an x-rated world. I’m not talking about HBO, the Playboy Channel, or any of the other pay channels. I’m talking about Oxygen, a channel that specializes in women’s movies and, at one time, all things Oprah. I understand that Oprah has distanced herself from the network. Now I know why.

Oxygen has a home shopping program that features sex toys. It was a two minute education for me. There were things I had never seen before. The variety in the product being sold at the time was mind boggling. I had no idea! I guess I have lead a sheltered life, but it was, to me, just too icky, gross, and creepy. Eeewww!

I have to wonder--when the young women selling these products are asked about their jobs, what do they say?

On the Fox Reality Channel, there is a show called “Sexy Cam.” It was sort of an adult Candid Camera. I just skipped right on by that one when I saw all the patrons in a restaurant dressed only in thong underwear.
{{{shudder}}}.

My next question is, who watches this stuff?

No comments: