Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Smalltown, South Carolina, Part 2


This is our new library. We share it with Clemson. It's my favorite place in town even though the books on the "New" shelves are often 2 years old.


We also have a new post office


and a new City Hall.

To be perfectly honest, I have never liked living here. I don't like having to drive so far to go shopping, I hate the red clay, and the weather is way too hot and muggy for me. It's funny though; this spring as I was driving along, I realized for the first time that the countryside is very pretty. I felt for the first time since we moved here that this is home. The weather still stinks!

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

What I remember about living in S. Carolina was that the weathermen were always right. Well, and the flying Palmetto bugs!