Thursday, April 30, 2009

Unique Home Decor


Every morning before I load the dishwasher and clean the kitchen, I check the living room for leftover glasses, cups, and/or dessert plates from the night before. There is usually at least Mr. Fixit’s glass from the night before and his 3:00 am coffee cup.

There is usually a magazine or two or few pieces of junk mail on the love seat that he leaves there. I have even found a few hand tools occasionally. I generally don’t mess with his stuff unless we are expecting guests. Then I get the shovel and clear enough clutter to enable a guest to sit on the furniture instead of on the floor. It doesn’t really bother me, but I have to admit that I do get a little miffed when I have to go through all of his car parts catalogs, the junk mail, and his magazines to find the monthly bills.

This morning I found something on the love seat I had never found before. Besides the junk mail, a tax receipt, a car parts catalog, a “Popular Mechanics” magazine, and a DVD, there was a half BAGUETTE! Yes, a baguette! I would be willing to bet that there are very few people who awake to find a baguette on their love seat. Looking on the positive side, I guess you could say that it makes us unique.

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

I call it my husband's "nest". I'm not supposed to clean it and the things I uncover are interesting, to say the least. He also leaves dishes around when he roams at night. So glad to meet you. I must catch up on your blog.