Friday, June 11, 2010

Continuing Education

My continuing education by comic strip continues. Today in the 9 Chickweed Lane strip a character used the word "fardel." That sent me directly to the dictionary. Now I have to think of a clever way to work that into conversation or at least to use it playing Scrabble or Boggle. (For the last couple of months, this strip has been running a perfectly wonderful, touching, romantic story line about young love during World War II.)

**************************

Mr. Fixit is downstairs watching World Cup Soccer; I am upstairs but I can hear his television. That constant noise made by the fans that sounds like a gigantic swarm of bees is driving me bat stuff crazy!!! I never thought I would say this, but thank heaven for commercials, the only respite from the constant hum.

No comments: