Monday, August 2, 2010

Is It Kudzu or Muscadine?

The house next door is empty and has been since the students moved out last month. The house has been rented to lots of different people over the last ten years or so. The owner has had people working on it almost every day since the tenants left. I don’t know whether the house will be for sale or if it will be for rent.

Our house and that one are separated by a natural fence of muscadine vines. The vines must be related to the dreaded kudzu vines. They cover anything that is near killing whatever plants, trees, or shrubs that they decide to climb and cover.


The young man working on the yard simply cut the vines climbing the tree without pulling them down. This is the result. Not aesthetically pleasing, but if something wasn’t done, the tree could have died.



While I had the camera, I took a couple of pics of our cats. The white one is Big Boy and the black and white one is Little Boy. Mother wasn’t around for the photo op. She only shows up to eat. Our indoor one is Little Girl. It’s not that I used no imagination when I named them; I thought if I didn’t give them names I wouldn’t become too attached. Yeah, that worked just great!



Look Close to see B\W one or click for
detail


Note: When I typed “muscadine” Works Word indicated that the word was spelled wrong. It suggested that I use Muscatine or mescaline. I know no one in Muscatine and I have never had the occasion or the inclination to try mescaline. I think Mr. Microsoft needs to update his dictionary. According to Mr. Encarta, I spelled “muscadine” correctly. So there!

1 comment: