Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Bright Spot in My Life

Our local public library is now offering e-books, and I love it (so far). It’s convenient and easy to use, and, of course, it’s FREE! I spend too much money at Amazon. While there are more titles available than I expected, I hope the list will grow and include older works by contemporary authors.

There is one drawback. My tablet informs me that my operating system (Android 2.something) will not support Adobe which is a must for the program the library uses. It’s a little difficult trying to read in bed using the laptop. I’ve started checking into e-readers that are compatible with the library system. I can use my tablet for Kindle books. It looks like Nook is my best bet. I need to do a lot more research and start saving a little money.

2 comments:

Betty said...

My local library is going to offer e-books soon, I hope. I'm really looking forward to it. Now that I have a Kindle, I, too, am buying too many books. It's just too easy.

Unknown said...

My family bought me the Nook Color for my birthday. You can download books, magazines and newspapers plus browse the internet and do email. It only takes a few seconds to download a book. I subcribed to National Geographic and it downloads automatically each month. I spend so much time on the Nook that I've been neglecting my blog.