Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tomorrow Is the Day

Tomorrow I must report for jury duty in Federal Court. I DON'T WANT TO GO!

Crazy things are worrying me. I can't take my cell phone into the court house. I'll have to park in a parking garage. What if the garage is full and I can't find a parking place--I'll be late! I'll have to drive more than 50 miles a day. The instructions I received declared flip flops more than undesirable. I hope they won't find me in contempt if I wear normal sandals. They are the only comfortable summer shoes I have. Where will I have lunch? The court house is downtown that has only trendy, expensive restaurants--not a Mickey D's in sight. They don't pay for meals unless you are sequestered.

It seems to me that I have done my civic duty in the last few years serving on several juries without whining. I'm almost 67 years old--too old for this inconvenience. Yeah, I know it's the price to pay for enjoying what makes America America, but, have mercy, I've done my share!

I have to call this evening after 6:30 pm for last minute information. Please, please, excuse me from duty!
 

No comments: