Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Heat Is On

This was one of those days that if  Satan visited South Carolina, he would have left quickly to get back to Hell where it was cooler. "It's hot" doesn't quite describe the conditions of the last few days.

Noah and Owen are in their All-Star Tournaments in this heat. I missed Noah's game last night because at 6:00 pm it was 103 degrees. (Owen's team lost two in a row so they are out of the competition and Noah's team has won two games and plays tomorrow evening.)

Cole also had a three-day tournament in Lexington, SC, where it was even hotter than it was here. It was 108 there the first day and didn't get much better the next two days. We attended today. The opposing team had played at 9:00 am and then had to play our team at 11:30 am. Both their pitcher and catcher had to be replaced because of the heat. We were ahead in the fifth inning, and the other team's coach ceded the game. His guys were just too hot and tired to continue.

I don't deal well with the heat. I was completely miserable through the whole game even though I was under a canopy and had a battery-operated fan. The five hours on the road didn't help much either. I should have stayed home, but I get very worried about Mr. Fixit on road trips alone to new places even with his GPS unit. He is--how do I put this--directionally challenged. I also worry because he watches the GPS instead of the road.

When we came home, we both went to bed. I took a nap, but he's still there and it's 9:00 pm. He doesn't like to admit how tired he gets.

It's supposed to cool a bit tomorrow. The high temperature is predicted to be 97.

No comments: