Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mr. Fixit’s Economic Theory

A few days ago Mr. Fixit saw a gasoline station advertising gas for $2.99.9 per gallon. We had the car filled up a few days before when the going price was $3.19.9 a gallon. He said when he needed gas again he was going to come to the station with the cheaper price. That station was in a town about 25 miles away from our house.

Today he decided it was time for a fill-up. Off we go on the 25 mile trip. The price was still $2.99.9.

He said, “ Okay, I bought 13 gallons of gas; that means I saved $2.60.”

I said, “But you used $3.00 in gas getting here.”

He said, “Yeah, I know but it makes me feel good to know I saved $2.60.”

That man really knows a bargain when he “feels” it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dorothy and I have had that same conversation. She will drive miles out of her way to save a penny per gallon.