Thursday, September 11, 2014

Recipe for a Nightmare

Begin with several dollops of news coverage of the atrocities that a few psychopaths are committing against non-combatants and our President’s solution to the problem. Add one Joyce Carol Oates very disturbing audio book featuring child abuse, and the results thereof. Go to sleep with the audio on and running. Stir in more than a few worries and a character actor who has been in every television drama since the 50’s.

The finished product is a very bad dream featuring a surgical airstrike, a very disturbed kid who flushes a puppy down the toilet, and an actor who just pops into the scene to make it interesting.

The worst part is that I would wake, go back to sleep, and the dream would continue where it has left off. This happened several times.

I think I have to rethink the mp3 player as a solution to my insomnia. I think the bad dream was worse that the sleeplessness.

1 comment:

Ginnie said...

My routine is to turn off the TV after "Jeopardy", then into bed with a crossword puzzle and a good book and lights out around
10:30. It really works for me as far as keeping the bad dreams at bay !