Sunday, August 20, 2017

Eclipse Mania

We are located almost dead center of the total eclipse path. We waited too long to get the glasses, so I made a viewer from a shoe box. Mr. Fixit is working on his now. I remember a few years ago, there was another solar eclipse, but it wasn't total. Jason was still in middle school. We used two sheets of paper. One with the small hole, and one behind that one was our viewing "screen." It worked quite well.

I'm looking forward to watching the progress of the moon blocking the sun, but I'm very eager to see and experience the darkness. I hope it's as spectacular as in the movie, "Ladyhawke," when the spell is broken and the hawk becomes a woman again. It's weird how I relate things to movies. I don't really expect to have an evil spell removed and turn into Michelle Pfieffer, dammit!

Now if I could only see the Perseid meteor shower. . . I missed it again this year. I would settle for seeing just a few "shooting stars" at the same time instead of a full-fledged shower.

Note: People are renting their homes for tons of money to visitors who have come to see the total eclipse, and motels and hotels are fully booked and are tripling their prices. Money, money, money.

No comments: