Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Year Later

It’s been over a year since I smoked a cigarette, and next month will mark a year since I stopped taking Chantix. I still want to smoke every now and then, but I don’t because of the specter of Chantix reminds me of my not so pleasant experience with this drug.

It may have been a year since I stopped using the medication, but one side effect still rears its ugly head every now and then. Last night I had another Chantix dream. The rage that I experienced is gone, but the dreams always leave me with emotions that I don’t like. I have one of these dreams about every month and half.

Maybe they’ll be completely gone within the next year. I want all of my dreams to be senseless and the details forgotten within 20 seconds of waking like they were before Chantix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quitting smoking is a colossal achievement. Congratulations.

Rebekah said...

Congratulations! You never know what battles people are fighting within themselves. What a great gift to yourself and your family. Will the dreams last forever? What an incredible side effect. I had no idea.