Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week in Review

The sun is shining for the first time in days. The rain is welcome, but after rain for 5 or 6 days in a row, it gets a little depressing.

We took the car to the garage Saturday morning. Friday we brought it home--$1100 poorer--to sit in the driveway as a lawn ornament for the next few months. They fixed the leak, but discovered that the transmission is on its last legs. I really don’t want to face car payments for a new car or to deplete our savings to buy one so Mr. Fixit said he is going to tear it down and fix it himself. I’m not enthused with that idea either. I’d rather take a few months or even a year to save the money to have it fixed professionally. Mr. Fixit can’t wait to get started even though he is sick (I don’t know if he has a cold or something more serious). He has a head and is more than willing to butt with it so there is no changing his mind. In the meantime, I am going to practice getting in and out of the truck gracefully. That is probably another losing battle.

Last night I went downstairs to let the cats in. When I pulled back the door between the living room and dining room, there was the white cat sitting there waiting for me with a dead thing in his mouth. I couldn’t tell what it was. In fact, I didn’t want to know what it was. I started screaming at him and he retreated under the dining room table. I was yelling and moving the chairs; he finally figured out that I was not pleased with his “gift” and darted out the cat door.

Seeing him with his “gifts” changes my attitude toward him. I no longer see him as a cute, lovable pet, but has a blood-thirsty predator. I know he’s only doing what comes naturally, but I still don’t like it. He certainly is never hungry, but, like man, he hunts for sport. Since it was raining I did let him back in the house about midnight, but I had no warm, fuzzy feelings for him.

We have one more meeting scheduled with the financial planner this week. Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to that one. Mr. Fixit settled on a new plan to supplement his Medicare, so we don't have to think about that one for a few months. We have to review the decision in November.

And--I've already admitted that I have no understanding of "Face Book." Now I wish someone would explain the difference between instant messaging and "Twitter." The only difference I can see is instant messaging is basically private while "Twitter" is there for the whole world to see what you are doing. My main question is, "Who cares?"

I'm still in a bad mood. Can you tell?

No comments: