Monday, June 15, 2009

Another "Sign" of Aging

My old car had several extras that the new one doesn’t have. For eight years, I never had to lock the doors because they locked automatically when you put the car into “drive.” My new car doesn’t have that option, and I can never remember to lock them. Mr. Fixit brings my forgetfulness to my attention every time I start the car. This is another one of my “signs” of old age posted on the steering wheel of my car. Now if I could just remember that the gear shift is on the floor and the lever on the right steering column is the windshield wiper control, I wouldn’t turn on the windshield washer every time I want to put the transmission in “drive.”

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

I haven't had a new car in years. The one I have now is a 1986 Acura Integra with 155,000 miles...but it has leather seats and a wonder-ful sound system and my mechanic says it will hold up for years. I'm afraid I would be lost with all the new technology and I would have to make signs to myself too. Good thinking!

Ginnie said...

OOPs...I mean 1996!

Granny Annie said...

Why doesn't the new one have that option? Our vehicles all have locking doors. One locks when you reach 15 mph. The other locks as soon as you shift into drive. I would never be able to remember and I would forget to look at the sign.