Wednesday, June 24, 2009

He's Back

Governor Sanford returned today and confessed that he has been in Argentina with his paramour. Many are calling for his impeachment. While I find his actions scuzzy, I can't think of any legal reason to impeach him. There is, of course, the small matter of the stolen SUV which belonged to SLED. I would also like to know who paid for his various trips to South America during the past year. If his mistress came here, who paid for that? Can an official be impeached for bad judgment? I have no idea. I'm sure that the members of the State Legislature could come up with something if they really want to go forward.

I don't really care who he has been "seeing." His private life is none of my business. Okay, maybe I do have a little problem with his hypocrisy. And it makes me think that if he could break his marriage vows, maybe he could break his oath of office.

It seems funny to me that all these philanderers always bring religion into their confessions. It's sickening.

The thing that really amazes me is the fact that they think they can get away with anything. Are they just plain stupid or what?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read that Sanford was using state funds to travel to Argentina. Both he and senator Engisn were members of a congressional bible study. Lord save us from these Christian politicians.