Saturday, August 29, 2009

This and That

Our weather has finally taken a turn for the better. It was hot today, but it’s pleasant outside this evening. I even sat on the deck for a little while. I hope this means that fall is just around the corner. The leaves have begun to turn and fall very early this year; it doesn’t have anything to do with the drought like it has the last few years.

Last weekend Noah had a tournament in a town about an hour and twenty minutes away from us. They were the hottest days of the baseball season yet. Those poor kids had to play back-to-back games both Saturday and Sunday. One little boy couldn’t play Sunday because he was so badly sunburned. Noah did quite well as usual.

Not much else is happening around the Fixit household. Mr. Fixit is quite happy that he's back on his normal four hours a day at work. He hasn’t worked his normal schedule for a long time. He has been working six hours a day for quite a long time, and he worked one week 40 hours.

We have some new student neighbors. Every night someone comes in about 1:00 am with the car radio blasting, and almost every night there are as many as seven or eight cars parked in the yard. They also have a dog. I can take a little noise, but I hope the dog doesn’t start chasing my cats.

There is nothing as frustrating to me as my computers. I wanted to "share" the printer connected to the old PC with the new laptop. Jason tried to help me over the phone, but it’s difficult when he can’t see what is going on. We worked until 11:30 pm one night and couldn’t get the darned thing working. The problem, I think, is the old computer uses Windows XP, and the laptop uses Vista. (I’m not too thrilled with Vista.) The next day I did a search on the error message and found that lots of people have had the same problem sharing the printer that I was having. Thank goodness, I found an easy-to-understand instruction for the solution to the problem, and I am now able to print material on the laptop. Now if I could fix the glitch in the scanner I would truly be worthy of being called The Wizard. Mind you, I’m the only one who calls me The Wizard. I uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner software, but I think I should have also included the scanner itself and started from scratch. I suppose I will just have to live with the little glitch.

No comments: