Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sweet but Embarrassing

Last night Noah had a baseball game. (They won. Noah was, of course, outstanding. He had two base hits, did a good job playing third base, scored twice, and was sent in the last inning as relief pitcher. I’m a Grammie so I can brag a little.) After the game the players, coaches, and parents gather to have snacks, discuss the game, and hand out the game ball.


Last night there was a little something added. After the business was taken care, one of the coaches (our son Jason) said (I’m paraphrasing), “ Today is someone’s birthday and I would like to ask all of you to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to my mom.” Everyone including parents and players sang for me. It was totally embarrassing. What does one do while everyone is looking at them and singing? I think I stood there with a goofy smile and misty eyes.  It was incredibly sweet.

1 comment:

jay said...

tee-hee-hee........