Friday, February 11, 2011

The Realities of Aging-Hair, Money, Vision

As usual when at the hairdresser, the talk turned to my thinning hair. The young lady there suggested that I try her products for thinning hair. I’m not an idiot; I know there are very few products that actually grow hair, but I decided to try the suggested shampoo and conditioner.

When she told me the price, I almost changed my mind. Even when I didn’t have to worry about every penny I didn’t buy $10.00 shampoo or $10.00 conditioner. I bought the stuff anyway for some reason. As I headed out the door, I was thinking about all the things I could have bought if I had forgone the expensive shampoo and purchased Suave products as I usually do.

Surprisingly, the stuff actually does camouflage the thin spot by plumping up the hair or something. I’m sure that there is no new hair growing. But I’m not sorry I bought the expensive stuff.

The only problem is that the packaging is almost identical on the tube of shampoo and the tube of conditioner. They also smell the same. This morning for the third time, I picked up the wrong tube and squeezed out conditioner first, wasting the costly conditioner. You see, (really bad joke) I don’t wear my glasses in the shower, of course, but my aging eyes really need my reading glasses to tell one from the other.

This is how I am trying to solve the problem.

001

I hope the big green “X” doesn’t wash off. I used a permanent marker.

Aging means you have to use your problem solving skills a lot more often.

3 comments:

jay said...

That's just funny.

Anonymous said...

your daughter in law can get that at cost.

Anonymous said...

i left it anonymous b/c i didn't want to sign in and all that stuff