Wednesday, October 9, 2013

One That I Like

Every morning I work the crossword puzzle in the online edition of the Washington Post. Before the puzzle is loaded, there is an ad. I don't really mind because if there were no ads, I would have to subscribe just to do the puzzle. For a while they had a Microsoft tablet ad that drove me a little batty because it was the same thing every day.

The current ad is for Norfolk Southern Railroad. In the first place, I don't think I've ever seen an advertisement for a railroad. Well, maybe I do remember one for Amtrak.  The music is a take-off of "Conjunction Junction" that was part of ABC's "School House Rock" when my boys were young. "Conjunction Junction" is quite a catchy little ditty; the only problem is that it gets stuck in my head playing in "repeat" mode for days at a time.

If I ever need a train to haul freight, I would call Norfolk Southern just because I like their commercial. Have a listen:

2 comments:

Meryl Baer said...

Very cute and clever. Now it is repeating in my mind!

Meryl Baer said...

Cute and catchy, repeating in my mind!