Sunday, December 16, 2007

AT&T

A couple of weeks ago, I lost my DSL service. According to my modem (all the little lights were on), my connection was fine. I patiently waited for an hour and checked to see if service had been restored; it hadn’t. I went through the troubleshooting steps, and it was suggested that I contact tech support. I called the 800 number and was told by the computer that I should call again because all of their people were busy. I tried again, but there was a busy signal; I couldn’t even reach the computer. I knew then that something major had happened. My service finally came back on a few hours later. I found out the next morning that I, along with thousands of others in the southeast, had been affected.

Last week I received a letter from the head honcho of AT&T apologizing for the outage and for any inconvenience I suffered. What a shock! That’s the first time I have ever received a letter of that type. In this day of nasty customer reps and the general “screw you” attitude of most businesses, it was most refreshing that any company would pay for postage and associated expenses to send the letters to their customers.

Thanks! AT&T.

1 comment:

Tee/Tracy said...

My DSL has gone out before and after I spent more than an hour troubleshooting, come to find out the problem was on their end and I'd just have to wait patiently.

That's awesome that you got a letter. I don't believe I did. (Different company.) It's nice when companies make a little extra effort like that.