Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This and That

The last post on my first blog was July 16, 2007. It’s surprising how many hits it gets. I think the referrals are very interesting. The most popular search subject is sinus drainage (3/15/05). Another popular search topic is paper towels (10/20/06), and divinity candy (10/31/2005) gets a few hits. People with household repair jobs generate a few hits with the search term, “Mr. Fixit”.

************************

When my phone rang the caller id indicated that the call originated in state, and the name was a private party. I thought it was probably a wrong number, so I answered. Imagine my surprise when a gentleman said, “I am offering you a free cell phone.” Telemarketer! I declined telemarketing calls when I signed up on the Do Not Call list. When I asked what company he represented, he replied, “Sprint.” I politely told him no thank you and hung up. Even if I had ever considered Sprint service, it blew its chance for my business by cheating.

Sprint! I declined telemarketing calls for a reason. DO NOT CALL! I don’t like people who try to get around the system!

************************

I spilled about a cup of dry cat food on the carpet. I brought out the hand vac to clean it up. It seemed to be working just fine. Then I picked up the vac and saw that the brush was simply brushing the kibble backward. I then removed the hose to stop the brush spinning and used the hose to pick up the mess. I thought the job had been completed satisfactorily. Then I took the bag off to empty it; there was no cat food mixed in with the dust. I shook the vac; no rattling kibble. I knew that it was sucked up by the hose; I watched it go in. I tried to take the vac apart; I could only get the handle off. I did discover that there is no way for the kibble to go anywhere but into the bag. One of life’s little mysteries.

************************

A person representing Mr. Obama called asking that I keep his candidate in mind when voting in the upcoming primary. He asked about specific concerns I have. I said I would like to hear of a workable plan to bring our troops home, a workable and equitable plan regarding immigration, and a good health care plan for every citizen. I forgot the most important concern for me; I would like to see an honorable, ethical administration that would enhance our position in the world. I wish he would call me again.

************************

Baking Hint of the Day

It surprises me that I would actually be able to suggest a cooking tip because I’m not a very good cook.

When I was baking bread the other day (of course, I was using a bread machine), I put a package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing dry mix, into the dough. That turned out so well that I tried the garlic and herb dry mix. It ‘s tasty, too!

*************************

The outdoor temperature is now 78 degrees. It’s not very seasonal.

1 comment:

jay said...

As far as your kibble issue.....I've been thinking about this very hard and I've figured it out. Your kibble, I believe, has disappeared into the same abyss as the matching sock missing from the dryer. Another possibility is that you've discovered the entrance to another universe.......