Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dirty Tricks

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, it did. Last night I heard a short piece on the news about a man making political calls about Sen. Clinton. The calls originate in Texas. I didn’t understand how bad the recorded calls were until this morning when I received one of the very offensive calls. It was vile and malicious with comments about her sexual conduct with the late Vince Foster and every other man in Washington. She was even accused of cruelty to animals. The call was so awful I hung up.

The worst part of the whole thing is that aside from the one little item on one television station last night, there is not one mention this morning about the calls in our local news media. There was nothing in the State news, and certainly nothing in the national news.

Our primary is this coming Saturday. I had made up my mind for whom I was going to vote. After this call, I may change my mind. One lady interviewed on the news last night said that she was going to vote for Sen. Clinton because of the viciousness of the call. I may do the same thing. BTW, I don't for one minute believe that either of the other two major Democratic candidates had anything to do with this call.

I am appalled that there is such hatefulness in this world. The man making the call is one sick puppy.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Good for you. I don't know why anyone would believe the lies in a call of that nature, but apparently they do. Otherwise, that kind of thing wouldn't work.

Unknown said...

I haven't received any calls but I get lots of emails that publish untrue commentary about certain candidates. It doesn't take much investigation to discover the falsity of those emails. I wonder how many people actually believe them.