Monday, January 21, 2008

In My World

B-r-r-r-r! It’s cold here in SC! We even had a little snow last week—about three inches. It was mostly gone the next day. The temp went up to 55. The next day the cold returned.When I got up this morning about 6:30, it was 10 degrees. Now that’s cold.

It was so cold, in fact, that we had a water pipe burst. If it had to happen, it happened in the best way possible. It was a spigot outdoors, and Mr. Fixit heard it pop and turned off the water at the street before a gazillion gallons of expensive water poured into the yard.It took him only about an hour to fix it. It was a long hour for him though; it was so cold.

We have sleet and freezing rain forecast for tonight. Snow I can deal with, but I hate ice storms. I hope it passes quickly. The children commute so I worry about them on the roads.

Owen and Noah were with us a few days last week. Noah had a nasty virus that’s going around. His birthday was the 17th; he’s 8 years old now. They had his party Saturday at a place call Slide Guys. They have those giant blowup slides and bouncy things for the children to play on/in. All the little boys loved it.

Noah and Owen were in the back seat of the car bickering as brothers will do sometimes. I said to Mr. Fixit, “Who does that you remind you of?” He immediately said, “Ben and Jason when they were that age.” Yep.

The newest brotherly insult: Noah said, “Grammie, Owen said I was boring.” Owen said, “Well, you are boring.”

I finally joined the rest of the world and joined Net Flix. It’s great! If the mailperson comes early in the day, we watch the film and return it the same day. The company receives it the next day and sends out the next one on our list the same day. We get the new movies the day after. That’s a short turn-around time.

I felt like I’d found a treasure trove when I looked at their offerings from the BBC and A & E. They have tons of British mysteries—the Jack Frost series, Brother Cadfael, Midsomer Murders, Agatha Christie’s Poirot and Miss Marple, Wire in the Blood, Cracker, Hamish Macbeth, etc. I can hardly wait every other day for the mail to arrive.I haven’t actually received any yet because I ordered Mr. Fixit some of his favorites first and one or two for the grandchildren. Maybe I’ll get one this week.

Snow Pictures: Levi doesn't look like he's having much fun. Bella tried to make a snow angel, but most of the snow had melted before she made it outside. Cole made a snowboard ramp.



No comments: