Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Future is Now

I think I'm going to change my sobriquet from “Computer Wizard” to “Techno Grammie.” Since I am the only person who calls me the Computer Wizard, except for Mr. Fixit when I perform extraordinary feats of computer stuff like sending email, I guess that I can call myself any name I desire.

Mr. Fixit gave me an mp3 player as an anniversary gift a couple of days ago. It only took me about three hours just to discover the manual and learn how to download. I think I am the only person over the age of seven who didn't have one of these tiny music thingies. Sometimes I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the present century.

I don't care too much about the music aspect. I'm not one of those people who needs music constantly. When I walked for exercise, I listened to audio books. When I'm in the car, I very seldom turn on the radio or put in a CD. Sometimes I just like silence. I wanted a player so that I can listen to “Old Time Radio” shows in the car. I'm not quite into this century if I am listening to radio programs from the 30's, 40's, and 50's, am I?

I really like this little gadget though. I have downloaded several radio shows and a couple of hundred songs. I don't think any of the music, with the exception of some of the New Country music that Mr. Fixit likes, was popular after 1970. Well, I take that back. I do have some newer Eagles, Bonny Raitt, and a few others that are a bit newer.

So now I can just plug the thingy into the jack in the car and be transported to a kinder, more innocent time even when crime was more civilized, and Sam Spade reigned supreme, bless his male chauvinistic heart.

Note: It was our 44th anniversary.

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Gotta love Sam Spade!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary. BTW I just bought a new cd. (the first in years). It's Susan Boyle's I Dreamed a Dream album. Very good.