Monday, February 1, 2010

The Internet Made Me Do It

Mr. Bill Crider, author of several series of mysteries, has a very interesting blog. It’s sort of an e-magazine. He sometimes publishes links to “lists”--The Best Movies of all Times, The Worst Movies of all Times, The Best Books Ever Written, etc.

Today there was a link to a list, “The Most Expensive Flops on Television” (I’m paraphrasing.) On the list was “Cop Rock” accompanied by a video of one of the production numbers. While I could never bring myself to watch the show when it was on prime time (I take my cop shows a little seriously to be interested in a cop musical. I’m a bit snobbish about my cops and robbers.), I was hooked after I watched that one video. I then spent a couple of hours watching some of the videos from the show on YouTube. I even tried to find whole episodes on the internet to watch. I guess the show was so bad no one cares to see it in any venue. No one, but me, that is. I even checked Netflix and Hulu. Nothing! Hmmm, I wonder if they have the DVD at Sam’s along with the complete libraries of “The Andy Griffith Show” and “Adam 12.” I’ll have to check when I’m alone. I don’t want anyone to know I bought “Cop Rock.”

I have one other guilty secret. I can’t seem to resist taking a peek from time to time at the “People of WalMart” site. I should be ashamed of myself. In fact, I am ashamed of myself, but that doesn’t keep me from a giggle or two during my visits. Okay, it’s more than a giggle, or even a chortle. Sometimes it’s a an actual guffaw. I just know that St. Peter is up there making notes on my page for my every guffaw. I will beg for forgiveness in the near future. I promise!

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Remember that God is merciful -- he had to or all of us would burn!!! I also think he finds us funny.