Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Travels with My Camera

Easley, SC
I took this picture as part of my interest in water towers, but the result was so aesthetically pleasing that it is one of my favorite photos. The picture was taken during a brilliant pink sunset causing the tower to pick up the rosy tint.
water towers 2 013

Greenville, SC
This concrete plant (manufacturer?) caught my attention. It appears to be abandoned, but there are concrete items for sale, i.e. birdbaths, garden statuary, etc. The interesting thing to me is the greenery growing out of the tower.

Feb. 23, 2011 005

When I zoomed in I noticed something else.
Feb. 23, 2011 009

A portable john atop the tower? I suppose they didn’t have women working there because there is no ladies’ room up there.

Norris, SC
There is something sad about this chimney surrounded by kudzu.












Did a fire destroy the home was was heated by the fireplace? Why hasn’t the property been used? Was the chimney left standing as a reminder? Or was there no one left to care?

(Click on photo for detail.)





 

No comments: