Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On the Home Front

We took Mr. Fixit to the Atlanta airport yesterday for his vacation with his family. He will be gone until the latter part of April. He called this morning and said that he had no problem. One of his sisters flew into Atlanta from Memphis and traveled on the same flight. I’m glad that he had someone with him. I was a bit worried about him. Now I only have to worry about him getting mugged and being in a country that doesn’t have the best relations with this country.

Ben, Bella, and Levi went with us. I was really nervous about driving in Atlanta. The children were very good in the car, and Levi was so excited to see many soldiers. He is into all things military.

I like going to big airports. They are the best places for people watching. You see all sorts.

The weather has suddenly turned a lot cooler here. Last night the heat even came on again, and we’ve had rain a few days in a row. I thought spring was here to stay. The lilac is blooming, but our azaleas are anemic this year. In fact, they appear to be near death. The Bradford pear trees have lost all their white flowers and are now that nice spring-y green. I hope spring returns soon.

No comments: