Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This and That

Spring is definitely here. I don’t need the warm temperatures or the birds tweeting outside my window at 4:00 am. to remind me. The calendar isn’t necessary either. I know spring is here because it’s BASEBALL season again. Cole, Noah, and Owen are all playing, and Levi will soon start playing flag football. That should be fun to watch—all those little boys running around not knowing what the heck is going on.

Mr. Fixit is preparing for his vacation. He will be spending more than three weeks out of the country. I’m going to take him to the Atlanta airport. I dread it. I’ll have to make the trip alone; the traffic is horrible, and Atlanta drivers are crazy. I always thought that New Jersey had the worst drivers, but Atlanta is worse.

Elizabeth Taylor has died. While I didn’t admire her personal choices in life, I can honestly say that I admired her beauty and talent. I believe she was the most beautiful woman of our time. No one could be a gorgeous as she was in “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,” “Suddenly, Last Summer,” or “Giant.”

The news hasn’t been great lately. A new front has opened for this country in the Mid East. Natural disaster and environmental disaster are threatening all of us. I’m sorry to say that I take all that is reported in the media with a grain of salt. I think lies are being told about the situation in Japan.

I would also like to know why the media hasn’t reported more on the story concerning the non-disclosure by a  Justice of the Supreme Court of his wife’s earnings paid to her by a think tank. He was sitting in judgment of a case in which she was involved with one of the parties. His excuse was that he misinterpreted the law. He’s a Supreme Court Justice for heaven’s sake.  Somehow I expect the Justices to be able to interpret the law. Perhaps I am expecting too much. The media has dropped the ball on that story, but we know all about Ms. Lohan and Mr. Sheen, don’t we? Who gives two hoots about these people and their self-inflicted problems when people are dying in wars, and our world is perhaps being damaged beyond repair? Our government is being run by power-hungry, narrow-minded people and supported by people who believe any lie that is told because of bigotry and ignorance and their unwillingness find the truth for themselves.

1 comment:

Betty said...

You sound as disgusted as I am.