Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fatality

Since Noah and Owen decided to spend this week with their other grandfather, Jason and his wife made arrangements to have a hardwood floor installed in their living room and to have the hardwood in the kitchen and dining room refinished. They are staying in a hotel while the work is being done.

That left the problem of the animals. They have a dog, a cat, a fiddler crab, and a rat gerbil. The dog is staying with neighbors, the cat was taken to a kitty kennel, and the crab and the rat gerbil are visiting here.

Tragedy struck yesterday. Mac, the crab, croaked passed on. We weren’t sure, but he came out of his shell and we saw no further movement. When I called Jason this morning, he said Mac was very old, and it wasn’t unexpected. “But why did he have to do it here?” I moaned.

Mac belonged to Owen. I hope he won’t blame me for this unfortunate fatality. Every time he sees me, will he associate me with death of his friend? Damn, damn, double damn!

RIP Mac. (Mac’s friend, Cheese, passed a while ago.)

____________________________

Owen’s arm isn’t broken. He will be able to continue his baseball and Hip Hop classes.

No comments: