Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Lesson Learned

When Owen arrived at the baseball game with his Dad, he was wearing a new cap. Instead of having the usual team logo, it had a logo having to do with his hip-hop group. It was a really nice cap. He had on a warm pullover (it was another cold day) and a pair of those stripe-down-the side pants that he can wear over his basketball shorts (I don’t know what they’re called.).

I said, “You look so cute today.” His smile would have brightened up the darkest day. He was beaming!

When I see Bella, I usually compliment her appearance, but I realized that I seldom remark on the boys’ appearance. Of course, I did when they were little, but it seems that after they reached a certain age, I was reluctant to do so.

Owen’s smile showed that that the boys need compliments just as much as girls. I will not be remiss in that area again.

It also occurred to me I could have a sexist attitude. Oh my! How could I? I am abashed!

No comments: