Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I’m in Good Company

This morning one of the morning news shows did a story on Queen Elizabeth’s first public appearance since her recent tummy problems.

She was wearing a matching hat and coat; she looked quite queenly. Then the camera pulled back and showed her feet. Instead of wearing her modest inch and a half heels, she was wearing “sensible” (translation – ugly) shoes that look like the ones made by SAS.

Perhaps she has reached the age when comfort becomes the deciding factor when buying shoes. It’s nice to know I’m not alone in my choice of footwear.

Now if someone would kindly tell her that she really should change her hairstyle to include a little fringe of bangs and a little less hairspray. . .

3 comments:

jay said...

Kinda like this......
http://wisdomoftheaged.blogspot.com/2013/02/meanwhile-back-in-geezerville.html

Hughes ap Williams said...

I have been wearing my "orthopaedic Oxfords" on photo-shoots for the last ten-or-so years. However, it isn't just for comfort, but also for stability.

Hughes ap Williams said...

Oh yeah, and also my granny shoes are quiet when I am photographing concerts, speeches, etc.