Monday, June 23, 2014

How Did This Happen?

Now that summer is upon us it’s time to bring out my favorite movies to while away the long, hot afternoons.

Yesterday I was in the mood for a little fantasy so I went in search of “Excalibur.” I love that movie. I couldn’t find it. I’ll be the first to admit that I have no organized system for our DVD’s. I’ve often said that I should organize the movies as I organize my books. I just never got around to it.

Okay, no “Excalibur.” Another movie I like in that line is “Ladyhawke.”  I found that one. After watching I decided to pull some of my other favorite movies to watch later on. “Cape Fear,” “The Maltese Falcon,” “Casa Blanca,” “Sleepers,” “To Kill a Mockingbird,” and “Tombstone” were my first choices, but they are nowhere to be found. These are movies I watch at least one a year.

I can find no trace. I went through every shelf, stack, and drawer where I store videos. There are more than 30 missing titles. I have no clue what happened to them. (While I’m not organized I do try to keep a current listing.)

I must have done something with them. Mr. Fixit’s movies are all accounted for; only mine are missing.

I am so p.o.ed!

No comments: