Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What a Great Kid!

Sunday evening our sons and their families came for their Father’s Day visit with Mr. Fixit. They bought carry-out dinners, and Ben and his wife brought a watermelon for dessert.

The younger grandchildren had theirs outside and disposed of the rinds in the yard. Cole, our oldest grandson, was telling me about what they did, and I said I thought maybe it would have been better to bring the garbage inside. I was busy at the time putting things away in the kitchen. Cole asked me where I keep the plastic garbage bags. I assumed that he was going out to pick up the refuse. I didn’t pay that much attention to what he was doing.

Later in the middle of the night I was lying in bed thinking about the evening, and I realized what Cole actually did. Without my asking him, he removed the trash bag from the kitchen trash container and put in the trash outside. I was so surprised and pleased. No one has ever taken care of my garbage before with a direct request from me.

Cole is one sweet kid! I made sure to thank him when he and Noah came yesterday to mow the yard so Mr. Fixit doesn’t worry about it. All of our grandchildren are outstanding!

Explanation: When we were first married, Mr. Fixit would take the garbage cans to the street, but it was my job to get the trash into the cans. After we moved here and I stopped working, I just naturally started doing it myself since he worked such long hours, and the boys were either at school or working. That how the garbage became my purview.

No comments: