Monday, October 20, 2014

Computer Stuff

Sunday the children took us out to lunch to celebrate our birthdays. Mine was the 12th and Mr. Fixit’s was the 16th. They gave us some very nice gifts (even though I have told them repeatedly that gifts for me aren’t necessary.) Ben’s family gave us a year of Amazon Prime and Jason’s family gave us each a Samsung Galaxy tablet. It’s going to take a while for us to discover all the stuff they can do.

I have been having problems with my laptop. For some reason, Google is messed up. The error message is “Whoa, Google crashed!” I think the “Whoa” error must be worse that the “Snap!” errors. I took it to Jason’s last night, but he couldn’t fix it. He’ll have another go at it.

Somehow or the other a new search engine installed uninvited on the laptop and also installed a game. It took a bit of doing but he finally uninstalled it. This morning the darned thing popped up on my desk top. I can’t uninstall it because it doesn’t show on the programs list. I thought maybe the laptop was sharing files but I don’t think that’s the problem. They are two different operating systems and the laptop wasn't operational last night.

I had a bit of a problem connecting Mr. Fixit’s new tablet to our networks. Mr. Fixit said we might have to ask Levi (our youngest grandchild) to fix it. I finally was able to get him on line.

Also somehow a whole bunch of pictures showed up on my Galaxy. They aren’t even on either the laptop or the desk top. They are all transferred to CD’s and deleted from the hard drives. I wonder if Google is storing the pictures out there in the ether that I have used in my blog. That’s another reason why I get so aggravated at Google. They make me do things that I don’t want to do without even asking me. Some of the pictures though weren’t used on the blog. And how the heck did they get on the tablet? It’s a puzzle.

No comments: