Wednesday, October 29, 2014

This and That

Mr. Fixit had his scans done last Friday. We have an appointment this Friday for the results. The waiting is a little nerve-wracking.

Once again, I’m waiting for my doctor to respond to a request from the pharmacy to renew a prescription for the oral medication for my diabetes. I am following their instructions, but I haven’t heard anything yet. I don’t know what to do if they don’t okay it before Thursday. The office is closed on Fridays so that means I could go all weekend without it. My glucose levels have been extremely low since I’ve been severely restricting the amount of carbs I ingest. Maybe it won’t make that much difference.

A poor little cat has shown up around the house. The poor thing is so skinny and half it’s tail is missing. It’s not feral; it is starved for affection and tries to get in the house. We’ve been feeding it a little. I can’t stand to see the poor thing suffer. It is sick, too. It sneezes all the time.

It makes me really angry that anyone would just leave the poor thing. It is practically defenseless, and the other cats chase it every chance they get.

I know that we will end up taking it to the pound which breaks my heart. We just don’t have the wherewithal financially or emotionally to take on another pet .

Since smoking has become taboo, the usual outlets for buying tobacco products are opting out of sales. Now there are numerous specialty tobacco shops and “vapes” stores. The signs on almost all the stores have some version of “tobacco products and more” advertising. My question is. . .What is the “and more.” Hmmm.

On the same subject,  why in our area  do all the “vape” shops look like what those of us in my generation remember as head shops? Just another one my little Mysteries of Life.

No comments: