Monday, October 13, 2014

TGIM(onday)

I am so glad last week is over. Maybe this week will be better. Last week I was in a continuous state of tenseness and anxiety.

The Friday before last I needed to renew my prescription for one of my bp medicines. During my last checkup, the dr.’s assistant told me that when I needed a new prescription I should call the office. I followed that instruction; however, the procedures at the office had changed. I was instructed by the computer to tell the pharmacy to request the new scrip. I did, they did, but the doctor didn’t. I ran out of the medication and the old bp starts to rise.

After allowing a couple of days, I called the office and once again I was instructed to leave a message with the dr.’s assistant (nurse in the old days) explaining the problem and to allow 24 to 48 hours for a response. I did that. After checking with the pharmacy again (the fourth time since Friday), they again said that the authorization had not been received.

I went to the office. I was nice even though it was Thursday. I explained that the authorization had to be called in because of the upcoming weekend. I was assured it would be taken care of. Late in the afternoon I called the pharmacy again—still no response.

Friday morning I called the dr.’s office again and discovered that the office is now closing on Fridays. I went into their urgent care unit and explained my predicament and report that my bp was up 100 points. I was a little testy but not rude. The nurse said she would call the dr. on his cell phone. She came back a few minutes later and said he was calling the pharmacy at that moment. I finally received the refill late Friday afternoon.

It took one week to get a simple authorization for a medicine I have been taking for years. It was for high blood pressure—not a level 2 narcotic, for gosh sakes. It was so worrying. I think if I follow their instructions they should follow the same rules THEY set forth.

To cap off a perfectly awful week, my birthday was yesterday. I was a bit depressed. I know 69 years of age is better than. . .  blah, blah, blah.

On a brighter note my glucose levels are quite low, but I haven’t lost much weight. Another depressing thing for today. My scrip for insulin must be filled, and it will be close to $300.00 because of that Gap.

AARGH!!! It seems that there is always some sort of health problem. Enough of this whining. There are bright spots. Mr. Fixit is still doing well. In fact, this morning he is working one of the trucks that belongs to our son. For that I am most grateful.

No comments: