Friday, January 9, 2015

A Good Thing

Late this afternoon Mr. Fixit and I took a little drive to find kerosene. Have I mentioned that it’s very cold here? I guess everyone is augmenting their heat source (just like we are) with kerosene heaters. As a result, Mr. Fixit couldn’t find any in three nearby towns.  We had to go a little farther (further?) afield. We finally found a supply at a gas station that is near the entrance ramp to a four-lane highway.

While Mr. Fixit was inside paying, I saw about a half dozen cats come running out of a brushy area between the station and the highway. I then saw a lady get out of her car with a bucket in her hand. The cats ran to meet her. She proceeded to feed  them. Then she sat on the emptied bucket and spread a little love around to each cat. They were so loving toward her.

All the cats were fat and sassy-looking. None of them had that lean, hungry look of feral cats. She must feed them every day. What a good person! It just made my day!

No comments: