Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Nuts, Loony, Bonkers, etc. That’s Me!

I have been staying at home since this re-qualification for Mr. Fixit’s medication began. I haven’t even been taking my daily walk outside fearing that I would miss a phone call. I’ve been using the hated treadmill. This morning I couldn’t stand the thought of one more step on that machine. I loaded up my coat pockets with everything I might need in case they called. Of course, the first thing was my telephone (turned on, of course). Then I had to include a copy of his insurance card, our credit card, a small writing pad, and a pencil. My desk in my pocket, so to speak.

I did my mile and returned home. I had a cup of tea and then the phone rang. The Wal-Green rep gave me a number to call to get the ball rolling. After several transfers I finally talked to someone who knew what was going on, and now all I have to do is wait for a return call about shipping information.

After I hung up, I thought about what a good day it was turning out to be. I took my walk, I didn’t miss the phone call, and I was told everything is in place for the shipments to continue. I was pleased. Suddenly, I started to cry. It seems I cry more when any crisis is over than I do as it’s happening. Sometimes I don’t realize how stressed I am until the crisis has passed. You’ve heard of  “Tears of Joy?” I have tears of relief. Or I’m simply going bonkers.

No comments: