Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Going About Our Lives

Mother Nature has played another little trick in the weather department on South Carolinians. We’ve had our April showers—yep, we’ve had LOTS of showers. The azaleas are breathtaking this year though. Even the blah pink one (“blah” is my opinion) are outstanding. We turned off the heat, and the AC came on a few times. A cold front came through yesterday. This morning the temp was down in the 30’s. That nice for my morning walk, but it was a bit chilly at Levi’s game when the sun set.

Mr. Fixit is doing okay physically. He has an appointment Friday just for blood work and a chat with the oncologist. He seems to be a bit depressed and a little testy. I can’t say as I blame him much.

I have neglected my teeth for the last few years. It seemed there was always something more importatnt going on. I guess there is a major flaw in my philosophy of “If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.” When I went for a checkup a few weeks ago, several cavities were found that need attention. The first filling was no problem. Monday the dentist filled two more. My face is swollen and the inside of my cheek is a mess. It’s very sore from the numbing injections I assume. There was a bruise on my face at the lip line. It should be better in a few days, I hope. I still have two more to go. Penny wise, pound foolish.

The doctor also changed my insulin at my request for a less expensive kind. The type I was taking before worked well and I was down from 50 units a day to 25 by staying a a very strict diet. It was so expensive that for the last two years I hit the Medicare gap several months before the end of year and had to pay 80% of the cash price of the drug. That was unacceptable for us.

I started the new stuff today. I have to have two injections a day because it is not as efficient as the other one. The first one was  worked for 24 hours; this new one has a shorter effective time     thereby necessitating two injections a day. That’s a little inconvenient for me, but it will keep me out of the gap unless something untoward happens.

And in the News:

Ted Cruz did not lie about “pressing” Sen. McCain to hold hearings concerning service members carrying concealed weapons on military bases, he “misspoke.” Hmmm…

No comments: