Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hate Is Alive and Well

The following quotes are taken from comments made by readers of a local newspaper. There were also a few comments wishing the new president-elect well, but those comments were far out-numbered by these (I have simply copied and pasted them with no editing except the names of the commenters):

"The worst has happened, the downfall of the America we know now begins. McCain's concession speech showed the type of man he is - calling for people to work together, th think of Obama as president, etc. Any doubts that Obama concession speech would have been full of racism? I sincerely hope that all of you who voted for this clown, especially the young people who are started out as wage earners, I hope you feel the pains of his ecomonic plans - that might be the best lesson you wll learn in life. Watch for the foreign aid to Kenya to increase"

"Change is coming. The people wanted change and now they are going to get it.
Lost jobs because of increased taxes.High gas prices again because of increased taxes.Dead americans from terrorist attacks.He will make our military surrender to the enemy opening us up to more terrorist attacks.
Our country is in serious trouble.But you got your change"

"We'll see if he backs up all his promises he made while he's in Office or if he's like every other Politician and lies and deceives voters to just get into Office. I'm a Republican and did not like or endorse John McCain and that Idiot Sarah Palin. Hopefully next election the Republican party will have better Candidates than those two clowns to run for the Offices of President and Vice President. To the Obama supporters that voted for him based on his ability to run this Country, Congratulations. To those voters that voted for Obama because he was black, you are Idiots and racist and shouldn't even be allowed to vote."

"GOD HELP US!!! WE ARE GOING TO NEED HIM NOW MORE THAN EVER!"

"AMEN God have mercy on the United States of America that has turn their backs on Him. Pray for our country that we as true Americans will turn back to Him"

"The thing that alienated me more than anything, is the news-nerds and their biased coverage of this election. At least they used to pretend to be unbiased. And I'm glad this election wasn't about race... could you imagine the news coverage then. I heard Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream" speech 2 times in 30 minutes this morning. Jeez, I can't stand the news-nerds.witnessed an Obamanation (interpret as you please)."

"I could not agree more! I too, pray I am wrong, but America has turn away from God and we are in serious trouble and I do not believe this is the man that will lead us back to the beliefs that this great country was founded upon. God help us all, our country has lost its way!We should all pray for our new President!!"

"I'm one to always expect the worst but hope for the best. I'm not sure if there is a "best" in this situation. I just hope that God will help us now because He is the ONLY one that can!!!!"

No comments: