Monday, November 3, 2008

Election '08

I have avoided commenting on the election. To tell you the truth, I am sick of the meanness of the campaign. I’m sick of the misleading rhetoric on both sides. I’m sick of the endless political ads. I just want it over!

I wish the electorate would check the facts instead of listening to every half-truth from the lunatic fringe. Do I care how much the RNC spent on Gov. Palin’s clothes? No!!! Do I care that she is an ignorant, overly ambitious, ethically challenged twit? Yes!!! Do I care if McCain mentions his former POW status in every speech? No!!! Do I care that he has the potential for starting a nuclear war? Yes!!! Do I care that Sen. Obama’s middle name is Hussein? No!!! Do I care that he says he will try to get us out of Iraq and he will try to fix the economy? Yes!!! Do I care that Sen. Biden is not my first choice? No!!! Do I care that he is better qualified to be vice president that his opponent? Yes!!!

McCain and Palin terrify me. I have 5 very good reasons to vote the Democratic ticket.
They are Cole, Noah, Isabella, Owen and Levi, my grandchildren. I want them to have a chance for a safe, prosperous life, and I feel that McCain and Palin will do real harm to them and this country if elected.

No comments: