Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Last Political Post Until. . .Something Makes Me Angry Again

The McCain campaign people are showing the same judgment after the election that they used before the election. While I think that Governor Palin was perhaps the worst choice as a running mate anyone could make, anonymous sources within the campaign are now airing all their dirty linen with Gov. Palin being the object of their derision. Granted, she may deserve every unkind criticism, but for these people to start telling tales out of school is disgraceful. In an article on the AP Wire today, they went into the gory details of her rogue (not maverick, rogue) diplomacy with the ersatz President of France, the wardrobe expenses, her resistance to “coaching” before the Couric interview, and her general lack of knowledge of world affairs.

My point is that some of these advisors are probably the same ones who suggested to Sen. McCain that he asked Palin to be his running mate. Have any one of those advisors explained why there was little or no investigation into Palin’s background? All anyone had to do was read the newspapers to learn of “Troopergate” and “The Bridge to Nowhere”. Didn’t they know that her husband had belonged to an organization that called for the secession of Alaska and that he worked for BP? I had been reading these stories for a long time before her name was brought to the forefront as a candidate. If they had been doing their jobs correctly, they would have known her many shortcomings.

These anonymous sources from within the campaign should have the integrity, honor, and character to just shut the hell up. I suspect that the advisors lost the election for their candidate by recommending Palin and are now trying to cover their butts instead of accepting responsibility for their own mistakes. They don't even have the guts to cast off the "anonymous" cloak. I wonder if McCain had a more acceptable running mate the election would have turned out very differently. Now that’s a scary thought.

(I know that my son and my DIL are very surprised to read this after hearing of my vehement opposition to Palin. In fact, I bet it knocked their socks off!)

1 comment:

jay said...

It sure did!
And BTW....
I love me some Sarah Palin!!