Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Br-r-r-r! The temperature is up to 16 degrees outside my window from 8 degrees when I woke up this morning. I've only seen it this cold once in the 26 years we've lived here. I'm expecting the water pipes to start bursting any minute. I wonder how many of Ben's trailers have burst pipes this morning. I don't envy him being out in the cold this afternoon to fix them when we are expecting even colder temps tonight. We had one pipe burst in a cold snap before Christmas. I got up several times during the night to let the water run a bit hoping that would help.

And, heat pump heating stinks! The thermostat is set at 70 degrees; the temp indicated on the thermostat is 64 degrees. Mr. Fixit is filling up the kerosene heater as I type.

I realize that many people would think that 16 is balmy compared to what they are experiencing, but for us Carolinians this is darned cold!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been letting faucets leak all night that are near an exterior wall. I've heard that prevents freezing pipes. I hope it does. We're having the same experience with our heat pump. We have to use auxillary heat in exteme cold.