Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Behind the Times

Since I didn’t watch the Emmy awards show, the next morning I checked the news to see the winners. I realized that I have never seen any of the winning shows. I very rarely watch the four “big” networks. I watch a “CSI,” “Criminal Minds,” “NCIS,“ and “Bones” regularly, but that’s about it.

When “Dancing with the Stars” first came on, I really enjoyed it. Somehow about the fourth year I didn’t find it much fun to watch anymore. I watched the first show this week and found that watching Tom Delay made me very uncomfortable. I have never heard of some of the young women who are participating. I really like “Antiques Roadshow” which airs on Monday evenings much more than “DWTS.”

I noticed that Showtime has been available to us for about three weeks. I looked on the Directv site to see if it was free to drum up new customers, but there was no explanation. We received a letter this week explaining that since we had been customers for such a long time they were giving us three months free viewing of those premium channels. I saw an episode of “Dexter” and the movie “Manhunter” (the first movie version of the book, “Red Dragon.” I haven’t been able to find anything else that looks interesting. I watch old movies rented from Netflix and an occasional new one.

I have never watched “American Idol,” “Lost,” or “Survivor.” I guess the bottom line is that I have become an old codgerette who is definitely behind the times. Does that bother me? Not in the least!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was disturbed that Tom Delay was on that show, especially because he has been indicted for criminal conspiracy to inject corporate funds into election campaigns. What were the producers of that show thinking? Instead of dancing on TV he should be making license plates.

lucylocket said...

Maybe Delay's legal problems were forgotten as were Michael Irvin's many and varied alleged offenses.

Unknown said...

The American public has a short memory