Friday, January 29, 2010

Hip Hop Done Right!

Last night was a night I'll remember until my dying day. Noah and Owen's school held its annual variety show. Owen auditioned and was accepted as one of the acts. All the children were absolutely terrific. They ranged in age from kindergarten students to fifth graders.

Of course, the highlight of my evening was Owen. He's in the first grade. He's very smart, athletic, and dancing is in his soul. He dances on the baseball field while waiting for the action to begin. At his birthday held at a skating rink, he danced instead of skating. He danced for the young ladies at Hooters. (That's a story for another time, but it was during a child's birthday party there.)He has never had dance lessons, but he is such a natural. And he knows how to milk the audience like a pro.

I tried to upload the video that Mr. Fixit made, but after almost five hours it still hadn't finished so I decided just to try one of the ones posted on YouTube. Take a look and see a child with the music in him.



The crowd loved him! I am so proud of him.