Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What Is This World Coming To?

It’s time for forget about the strangeness that’s ongoing in the political arena; it’s time to worry about the really important stuff.

Hostess Cupcakes has filed bankruptcy! Say it ain’t so, Joe!

I never cared much for Twinkies; they were too sweet. My favorites were the pink and white Snowballs. You know, the devil’s food cupcake covered in marshmallow and coconut. I also liked the chocolate ones with the white loopy design on top.

When Mr. Fixit and I were first married, he worked second shift. Every day he took one Twinkie in his lunch for dessert. After Ben was born and he could eat big people food, I had to put in two Twinkies. Mr. Fixit would leave one in his lunch box for him. That was the first thing Ben looked for in the morning when he got up. He always had dessert after breakfast.

I can hardly believe that this bit of Americana is going by the wayside. Is nothing sacred? Get out there and have a Twinkie!

___________________________

I am 66 years old, and every time I try to spell “dessert” or “desert'” I have to look it up. I must have a mental block.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's how I have always told the difference. The word dessert has two S's that stand for Sugar Sweet. So I know that word means cakes, pie, etc.

lucylocket said...

Wally, thanks so much for the tip. I can guarantee that I will never have to look for those words again. It's true--you're never too old to learn!

Unknown said...

By the way, do they have Little Debby snacks down your way?

lucylocket said...

Yes, we have Little Debby. I think LD may be one big reason for the financial problems of Hostess. Mr. Fixit likes them.