Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gone Bit Not Forgotten

Yesterday was the anniversary of my mother’s birth. She was born 92 years ago.

I thought about her a lot yesterday. It occurred to me this morning that I may be the only person on the planet who remembered her birthday. Her mother and father have been gone for many years, I’m the last of our immediate family, and I’m sure that no one on my father’s side of the family would remember it even if they survive. Her sister may still be alive. I haven’t heard of her demise, but then I don’t think any of my mother’s nieces or nephews would have let me know if their mother had died.

It’s a little sad to think that there comes a time when you are totally forgotten. As sure as death comes, so does that time come when average people are forgotten.

As long as I live, she will be remembered.

No comments: